From the end of 2022, all Panamanian citizens who plan to travel to Spain and other countries in the Schengen Zone will be required to apply for the European Travel Information and Authorization System authorization (or also known as the ETIAS for short).
We have compiled an article with all of the information and what you need to know about the Spanish ETIAS.
Traveling to Spain from Panama with an ETIAS
The ETIAS Spain for Panamanians was developed by the European Union back in 2016 as a way to better secure the borders of the EU and to protect both citizens and travelers from terrorism. The ETIAS is valid for 3 years and allows travelers to spend up to 90 days in Spain and any other country in the Schengen zone.
The process to apply for an ETIAS to visit Spain from Panama is quick and simple: all travelers need to do is gather the necessary documents, fill out the online application form, and wait for an email with the approved ETIAS authorization.
ETIAS Application for Panamanian Citizens
Panamanians traveling to Spain will be glad to hear that the process to obtain a Spanish ETIAS is very fast and straightforward. In fact, applicants do not need to visit a local embassy, find a sponsor in Spain, or have their fingerprints taken. Everything is done from the comfort of their own home.
The first step towards obtaining an ETIAS is to start an online application. The ETIAS application takes about 10 minutes to fill out and only asks a few questions regarding the personal information of the applicant.
Applicants will be asked to fill out their personal details (first name, last name, nationality), passport information (passport number, date of issue, date of expiry), and contact information. There will also be a few questions regarding their previous trips to Europe and questions about their criminal record. After travelers have finished filling out the application form, they will need to pay the application fee with a valid debit or credit card.
Travelers are recommended to print a copy of the email with their ETIAS authorization so that they can show it to the immigration officers when entering the country.
The Spanish ETIAS has a validity of 3 years from the date of issue (or until your Panamanian passport expires – whichever comes first). The ETIAS is valid for a maximum of 90 days within a 180 day period. This means that Panamanian travelers can stay within the Schengen zone for a maximum of three months at a time within a span of six months.
Passport and Documents Needed
There are only a few ETIAS Spain requirements for Panamanians when filling out the online application form. They include the following:
- Personal details: Applicants will need to fill out the application form with a few details about themselves, their passport, and their travel plans. They include the following:
- Full Name
- Contact details (address, phone number, email address
- Passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry
- Place of birth
- Itinerary while in Europe
- A valid payment method. To finish the application and submit it, applicants will need to pay the ETIAS fee. This can be done with a valid debit or credit card.
- A device with internet access. In order to fill out the application and send it, applicants will need to have a device with internet access, such as a smartphone, tablet, computer, or notebook.
- A valid email address. Finally, all applicants are encouraged to enter a valid email address when going through the application. This is to ensure that all correspondence regarding the ETIAS authorization will be delivered on time and read by the applicant.